Sunday, December 20, 2009

myfuroshiki advent calendar 17


* Day 17 *


Ooops, a little behind on my days here - just adding to the suspense of Christmas - will I catch up with my advent calendar before the big day or not ... :)

Anyway, another wonderful thing I've discovered this year is google alerts. Mine are set for furoshiki, bojagi and of course myfuroshiki and almost every day they throw up some great links.

Here's one very relevant one I came across this morning. My google alert took me to the intriguingly named Confessions of a Grandma blog and a post about gift wrapping and from that post to Skip to my Lou's, Fun Ways to Wrap Packages (how did my google alerts miss this one back in September?).

There are lots of good posts about alternative gift wrapping and I particularly like this because it includes practical instructions too, for example for pillow gift boxes made from ceral packets, boxes made from recycled greetings card, some lovely cone boxes, ideal for hanging from the tree, and also these cute felt elf shoes from Jolly Allsorts. I have to stop now tho I could spend hours browsing from one link to another. It's a wonderful world out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment