Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What's in the furoshiki today?


Now that the weather's getting warmer, I've been taking packed lunches to work wrapped, of course, in a furoshiki.

Just place your lunchbox in the centre of the furoshiki, across the diagonal; roll the top and bottom corners over the box and then simply knot the right and left ones. The furoshiki holds everything together, with the knot forming a handy handle, and when unwrapped doubles up as a placemat / napkin - how easy is that?


The bento box is from the Japan Centre and I wish I could show you some beautifully arranged Japanese style contents but it's just some salad in one layer and cherry tomatoes and grapes in the other! Just take a look on Flickr under 'bento' tho and you'll find lots of really amazing designs - even if I didn't have a child to hurry out of the house and a train to catch in the mornings I couldn't manage these.

No comments:

Post a Comment