furoshiki gift wraps
- basic fabric wrap and homemade gift tag
- furoshiki tutorial for UK Handmade magazine (p92) with instructions for basic and petal wraps
- bird wrap tutorial on Folksy
- drop bag
- summer purse
- ring handled bag
- loop handled bag
- grocery bag
- two handled bag
- back pack
- a bag bonanza inc. portfolio wrap and two handled holder
other furoshiki makes
- 'fish & chips' ~ chocolate chip cookies and wrap
- christmas pudding and wrap
- wine bottle wrap
- and, for when one is just not enough, two bottle wrap
- furoshiki doorstops
what size furoshiki?
It's so easy to wrap with furoshiki, you just need to remember to use slightly more fabric than you might paper to allow for the knots. To give you an indication, here's what our standard furoshiki will wrap:
mini myfuroshiki - c30cm square, great for wrapping small gifts eg jewellery, perfume or party treats - something about the size of a single CD, a deck of cards or an apple for the teacher...
medium myfuroshiki - c50cm square for general wrapping, eg a couple of paper back books, a melon...
large myfuroshiki - c 65-70cm square, perfect for bigger gifts, a couple of larger books, two bottles of wine, a rugby ball ...
jumbo myfuroshiki - c100cm square, for bulky gifts or lightweight bags...
my flexible furoshiki - c100cm square and of a slightly heavier weight, ideal for knotting into a variety of bag shapes.